Buying a car can be really tricky if you have not done your research properly. There are a lot of things which needs to be kept in mind before buying a car as it is a big step.
These steps will help you in saving a few bucks while making the process quicker and less daunting.
• Research about the type of car you want. You should shortlist the features that you want in your car or if you want a sports car, an economy car, a family car, a luxury car or any other type of car.
• Set your budget. This is really important. You need to check how much you can spend on the car.
• Get a car loan. After you have got an idea of how much you can afford, look for bank that provides a loan with an agreeable interest rate or a third party lender. You need to do your own research to see what source of loan would work best for you.
• Test drive the car. Once you have chosen two or three cars, ask for a test drive. It is best to take an appointment as that way the car would be booked only for you and you won’t have to keep waiting. Also, do not just drive around the block. Test drive a few kilometres to see if you and your family are comfortable, check if you can handle the car properly. Also, don’t feel obligated to buy the car the same day just because you took a test drive. Take your time to think. Remember that buying a car is a huge investment.
• Ask your salesperson if the car comes with any dealer installed options. These days dealers provide lots of exciting offers to attract the customers. Many cars are sold with anti-theft packages or with some other great features. Make good use of those options.
• Get a sale price. After you have finalised your car, ask the dealer about the final price. Also, check the price of the same car with other dealers so that you can get it at the best price. Check the current price on the Internet or ask your friends or family member who might have the same model of the car.
• Review and close the deal. Review everything properly and once you are satisfied with it close the deal. Get all the necessary papers.
Maintenance of the car is very important. Once you have bought the car, don’t forget that your car needs regular servicing to function properly.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9590133